01-April-2017 Current Affairs for Sarkari Naukri
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos has become the world’s second-richest person with a net worth of $75.6 billion.
- The Lok Sabha passed all four GST related Bills.
- Global financial services major Nomura appointed Prabhat Awasthi as the new head of its India operations.
- Women employees will now be able to get paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks, as per a new law. President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- Srinath Narayanan from Chennai has become India’s 46th chess Grandmaster after defeating Spanish Grandmaster David Anton Guijarro at the Sharjah Masters.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a new mobile app 8-11 to double its customer base.
- Healthcare providers apex body NATHEALTH has elected Dr Lal PathLabs Chairman & MD Dr Arvind Lal as the President of the federation for 2017-18.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 175 million loan to Power Grid Corporation to expand its solar energy transmission network in the country. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 175 million loan to Power Grid Corporation to expand its solar energy transmission network in the country.
- Famous sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has written a book ‘Master on Masters’ on 12 Indian musicians.
- United Nations General Secretary Antonio Guterres has appointed David Beasley as head of the Rome-based World Food Programme (WFP).
About The Author
Preety Uzlain Preety Uzlain, MBA-Business Management, Director, CEO & Founder of SHAKSHARTA Digital Learning Private Limited. She has done BCA, MBA and Pursuing Doctorate as per my education qualification and has been one of the main proponents of www.govtjobspreparation.com & www.sarkarinaukri.asia for several years SINCE 2009.