1. PV Sindhu became the first Indian player to win a silver medal in Rio Olympic. She was defeated by Spain’s Carolina Marin in the final match of Rio Olympic badminton women’s singles.
2. Bengal’s leading international cricket umpire Subrata Banerjee died. He was 71.
3. The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) signed a MoU with University of Latvia for establishment of an academic chair for ayurveda research in the European nation.
4. Pakistani Prime Minister launched a 17,000-tonne naval tanker, the country’s largest naval tanker.
5. Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sushri Uma Bharti launched various projects worth Rs. 560 crore under Namami Gange programme at Ganga Barrage in Kanpur.
6. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu laid foundation stone for the ‘AP MedTech Zone’ at Pedagantyada. The facility, which will come up in 270 acres is likely to be operational in a year.
7. Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt became the first athlete to 3-3 gold medals in Olympics by winning a gold medal in 4X100 m relay race in Rio Olympics.
8. The Russian Defence Ministry said that it had successfully fired a ballistic missile from an advanced Iskander-M mobile launch system as part of a training exercise in the country’s Far East.
9. Russia’s two-time Olympic champion Yelena Isinbayeva officially announced her retirement from Pole Vault.
10. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated the two-day meeting of the BRICS Women’s Parliamentarian Forum in Jaipur, Rajasthan.