News – 07th February 2016
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated to the nation, Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited, a petrochemical complex, at Lepetkata, near Dibrugarh. He also dedicated to the nation, the wax plant of Numaligarh Refineries Limited.
- ICC appointed Rahul Dravid as member of newly constituted Anti-Corruption Unit Oversight Group.
- Army Lieutenant General John Nicholson was appointed as the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan. His nomination to the post was confirmed by US Senate committee. He succeeded US General John Campbell.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the official YouTube channel of the Ministry with a view to disseminate information on a real-time basis. The channel will feature videos on major schemes, events, meetings and press conferences related to the ministry.
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the South Asian Games at Guwahati, Assam. The events related to South Asian Games are to be held in Guwahati & Shillong till 16-Feb-2016.This is the biggest sporting extravaganza ever held in the North East India. and the 1st ever gender equal South Asian Games with men & women participation in all the sports.
- Finance Minister inaugurated India Investment Summit 2016 in New Delhi.
- Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar will feature in a video campaign by the World Health Organisation to raise awareness about diabetes in India.
- Indian economy will expand by 7.6% in the third quarter in the current fiscal year. This has been predicted by India Ratings.
- Mahindra Asset Management Company received markets regulator Sebi’s approval for setting up of mutual fund business.
- India confirmed its participation in the annual amphibious military exercise Cobra Gold in Thailand in 2016.It is the largest Asia-Pacific military exercise and held in Thailand every year.
About The Author
Preety Uzlain Preety Uzlain, MBA-Business Management, Director, CEO & Founder of Govt Jobs Preparation. She has done BCA, MBA and Pursuing Doctorate as per my education qualification and has been one of the main proponents of www.govtjobspreparation.com & www.sarkarinaukri.asia for several years SINCE 2009.